Beet and Feta Falafels
Beta and Feta Falafels
These Christmas-themed bites are just as perfect for an aperitif on a festive evening as they are as leftovers for lunch the next day.
For the falafels:
- 1 can (540 ml) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the tzatziki-style dip:
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt 2% fat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- A few fresh Italian parsley leaves chopped
- To taste salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 375°F and slightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas, beets, garlic clove, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Place the dough you obtained in a bowl, add the chickpea flour and the other ingredients, then mix.
- Form 24 balls of the size of a golf ball using your hands and place them on the baking sheet. (Add more flour as needed if the dough is too runny.)
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the tzatziki-style Greek yogurt dip, mix all the ingredients together.