Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 900 ml vegetable broth low in sodium
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary optional
- 2 pears
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the two squash halves into a few large pieces and bake for about 45 minutes until tender and lightly roasted.
- Coarsely slice the onion, chop the garlic and cook them in a large saucepan with a drizzle of vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Add the vegetable broth, water and rosemary and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Without peeling them, roughly chop the pears and transfer the pieces in the saucepan. Add the squash, taking care to remove the skin before hand. Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Using a blender, mix all the ingredients together until a smooth puree is obtained.