- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups peeled and finely grated carrots (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place 12 muffins cups in your muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil and maple syrup and whisk together. Add the eggs and whisk thoroughly until fluffy. Then, add the yogurt and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the carrots and the walnuts and mix with a spatula.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients with the spatula until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins on a cooling rack to cool.