These delightful carrot patties can be served either as a main dish or side. I even tried them a replacement for my burgers and it was absolutely incredible! It is the perfect recipe for using up a couple of those sad old carrots that may be lurking in your fridge. Give them a try, you won't regret it.
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1/3 cup celeriac grated
- 1/2 cup extra firm tofu grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup mozzarella grated
- 3 scallions chopped
- To taste salt, pepper and chili flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Adjust the quantities based on your taste preferences.
- Using your hands, form small balls with the mixture and transfer them on a heated pan with a bit of vegetable oil. It may not look like it, but trust me, everything will hold just fine.
- Using a large spatula, press and round up the patties from time to time. Don’t press them too much or they will become too dense. Cook the first side for 8 minutes and the second side for 5 more minutes at medium heat.
- For the topping, I like to mix Greek yogurt with some dill.