Creamy Dairy Free Mushroom Pasta
This creamy mushroom pasta speaks for itself. It's simple, quick, and utterly delicious! Whether you are avoiding dairy because of an allergy or by choice, with this rich and flavorful dinner, you won't even miss it!
- 750 g uncooked Fusilli pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 medium sized oignon chopped
- 300 g mushrooms about 20 medium-sized mushrooms
- 300 g shrimps thawed
- 3/4 cup edamame beans frozen
- 500 ml soy cream I used Belsoy
- 227 g dairy free mozzarella shredded cheese I used Violife
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of cayenne pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta into the pot when you start cooking the mushrooms. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging, minus 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet. Over medium heat, add the garlic, the onion, the mushrooms and a pinch of salt, and cook until the onion becomes translucent and the mushrooms considerably reduce in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and the edamame beans and cook until the shrimps turn pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy cream and simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces by 1/4.
- Turn off the heat, but keep the skillet in place. Add the cooked pasta and the cheese alternative. Toss the pasta until the cheese has melted.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper flakes to taste. Enjoy!