Crunchy Peanut and Quinoa Salad
This quinoa salad is crisp, refreshing and absolutely delicious! It is made simply with cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, green onions, edamame beans, peanuts, cilantro, dressing and decorated with a few sesame seeds. I hope it becomes your go-to quinoa salad recipe as well!
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 large green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup edamame beans roasted
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts roughly chopped + addition for topping
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Rinse the quinoa and transfer into a small saucepan with water. Turn the heat up to high and bring to boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and place the lid on. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed and the kernelshave "popped open." Set aside to allow the quinoa to cool down.
- Meanwhile, gather all the remaining ingredients for the salad into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, assemble the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Combine the salad and the dressing and sprinkle some extra peanuts on top. Enjoy!