Crunchy Quinoa and Coconut Chocolate Slab
Make this indulgent chocolate slab with dark chocolate, quinoa and coconut to give as a gift or serve as a smart dinner party dessert. It is also the perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white quinoa*
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut plus a bit more for the top
- Pinch of salt
- Heat up a high rimmed, nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add a couple of quinoa grains into the pan and wait for them to pop. If nothing happens, the pan is not ready yet. Remove the quinoa and wait a bit more. Once the pan is hot, add about 1/2 of the quinoa in the pan at a time so that it barely covers the bottom.
- A few quinoa grains should start to pop. Give the pan a shake and transfer the quinoa in a small bowl. Repeat until all the quinoa is toasted but not bitter and dark.
- In another bowl, add the chocolate and microwave in 30 seconds intervals. Sit in between until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the quinoa and the coconut to the chocolate and stir until combined.
- Spread the chocolate out onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and sprinkle more coconut and some salt. Place the pan in the fridge to set. Once hard (a few hours), break into pieces.
*I recommend using white quinoa for a more bland and less grassy taste.