Eggnog Crème Brûlée
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream 35%
- 1 cup eggnog*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven at 325°F.
- Beat the sugar and the egg yolks for 1 to 2 minutes using a whisk.
- In the meanwhile, Heat up the cream and the eggnog for 5 to 7 minutes in a saucepan. The mixture should not be boiling, only simmering. Add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually incorporate the mixture of hot cream into the mixture of sugar and eggs while continuously stirring.
- Place the ramekins on a baking dish and pour the crème brûlée into them. Fill the baking dish with very hot water up to the 3/4 of the height of the ramekins.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- Let them cool down for about 20 minutes and then place them in the fridge until they are completely chilled (usually minimum 1 hour).
- When ready to serve, sprinkle some sugar on the crèmes brûlées and caramelize using a torch. If you don’t have one, you can place them back in the oven at broil for a few minutes. Be careful not to overcook them. Enjoy immediately.