Molten Brie Cheese With Cranberries
- 1 double cream brie cheese
- 3/4 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup red wine* or cranberry juice
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, the sugar and the wine or the cranberry juice and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the brie cheese in half horizontally such that you will obtain two circles. Using a round cookie shape or a glass, cut off and discard the middle of the top half.
- In a pan, heat up the olive oil and cook the onions until translucent. Add the mixture of cranberries and let it reduce until almost dry. Add the pecans and cook for a few more minutes to give them a little roast.
- Recombine the two parts of the cheese with the hole on top and transfer them on the baking sheet. Lift up the foil around the cheese to prevent it from sagging during baking. Fill the hole in the cheese with the filling and then spread the remaining over the cheese.
- Cook for 10 minutes and decorate with some parsley. Server with bread or crackers.