It’s hot outside and you're in the mood for a nice chocolatey dessert or a quick-fix for your sweet tooth but you don't want to overheat the house. Easy! Make this simple yet incredibly delicious no-bake log. It needs to be chilled overnight but he actual amount of work involved is only 20 minutes.
For the outside:
- 300 g quick oats
- 250 g pitted dates
For the inside:
- 200 g walnuts
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 90 g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Begin with the outside of the log. Place the dates in a food processor. Add a little water, just enough to cover the dates. Add the oats and blend until smooth. It should form a hard coherent dough that you will be able to spread out. If the dough is too sticky, you can add 1-2 tbsp of ground flax seeds.
- Transfer the dough on a plastic wrap (or a beeswax wrap). Spread it to make a rectangle about 30 cm x 45 cm (a bit less than 1 cm thick).
- For the inside, add the reminding ingredients into the food processor (walnuts, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract) and blend until creamy.
- Spread the mixture on top of the dough.
- Roll the dough on the long side to form your log. At this point you should have a log, 30cm long, with a spiral made of chocolate in the middle.
- Roll the wrap around the log and close at both ends. Using your hands, shape the dough to make a nice cylinder. Make everything smooth and uniform. Let it harden in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next day!