The best oatmeal cookies you'll ever eat and definitely one of my favorite desserts ever! They are so easy to make so why not give them a try? The textured vegetable protein (TVP) adds an extra source of protein.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil unmelted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the coconut oil and mix until homogenous.
- Gradually incorporate the flour, the salt, and the baking powder.
- Switch to a spatula and mix in the oats and the TVP.
- Using your hands, form 6 balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. Using the spatula or your hands, press the balls down slightly.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges have become golden brown.
- Let them cool down for a few minutes and enjoy!