Have you ever tried rutabaga before? Rutabaga is a root vegetable that is a cross between a cabbage and a turnip. However, it actually tastes sweeter than turnips which is a good thing since turnips can be somewhat bitter. When I first made this recipe, I was amazed at how the shape and consistency of the rutabaga was just like that of a potato! Although these rutabaga fries can’t replace potato fries, they’re a wonderful substitute to add some variety to your diet.
- 1 rutabaga cut as large fries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- To taste chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip the rutabaga fries halfway. The fries should be cooked through and crispy on the outside.