- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach packed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Blend together the soy beverage with the spinach until smooth. Add the apple cider vinegar and mix using a spoon. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together using a whisk. Gradually incorporate the liquids into the dry. Break down any lumps that may form but avoid overmixing.
- Heat up your waffle maker and pour the quantity of batter recommended. If you are using the Mini Waffle Maker by Dash as I do, 1/4 cup of batter is sufficient to fill the entire surface.
- Cook until ready. Once again, the time required will vary based on the appliance used.
- Serve with you favorite toppings and enjoy!