The Best Vegan Bolognese
This vegan Bolognese gets its signature taste from classic Italian herbs, garlic, and gluten "meat". I am sure it will instantly become your go-to vegan pasta sauce! Besides being absolutely delicious, it is also incredibly easy to make!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups seitan vegan ground beef*
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- A pinch of ground cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g spaghetti
- Vegan parmesan if desired
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent, then add the seitan. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegan ground beef becomes darker in color. Add garlic and ground cayenne pepper.
- Add marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, oregano and thyme and let cook for 7-10 additional minutes or until the sauce becomes thicker. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- In the meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Serve the vegan Bolognese sauce over the spaghetti sprinkled with vegan parmesan if desired. Finally, garnish with fresh basil.
*You can find my Seitan Vegan Ground Beef recipe here!