This Year More Than Ever, It’s Important to Incorporate Local Foods Into Your Festive Recipes
When you buy local, it stays local. More jobs will be created in your town, allowing your community to prosper. You will feel more connected to your own town than ever. Your money will help these small businesses to grow and develop. They need our support, especially during this pandemic.
- Use camelina oil in your salad dressings or as a cooking oil, since it has a very high smoke point!
- Drink local: the choice is large between ciders, micro-brewery beers, wines, bubbles made in Quebec and even kombucha made in Montreal for those who prefer to avoid alcohol!
- For vegetarians, replace meat with tofu made in Quebec, such as Unisoya!
- Bake your pastries with local flours, such as those from La Milanaise!
- Encourage a small shopkeeper by buying your baguette breads and fruit cakes at your local bakery!
Amélie Deschamps – @amelied_nutritionniste