Vegan Lentil and Pumpkin Cream Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1/2 parsnip chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 miniature pumpkin peeled, chopped
- 1 cup dried lentils rinsed
- 1 potato chopped
- Black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried Provence herbs
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions, carrots, parsnip and a bit of salt and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic powder and smoked paprika. Cook for another minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cover with water.
- Cook and stir until the mixture comes to a gentle boil, about 10 minutes. Cover and boil for 20 minutes more, until the vegetables become soft. Stir occasionally.
- Using a hand mixer or a blender, mix until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- Add more water to fill the pot and arrive to the volume of soup desired. Bring to boil one last time and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the dried Provence herbs.
- Garnish with sour cream, avocado, croutons, hemps seeds or your favorite soup toppings. Enjoy!